HEADER PHOTO DESCRIPTION:

HEADER PHOTO DESCRIPTION: Desert Storm
NOTE: Open post and then Single Click On first Post Photo to view an album in a more detailed, larger format...

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Strange Dreams


Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. Theodore Roosevelt


Note: Regularly scheduled programing has been interrupted by Summer Monsoons and lightning. We hope to restore normal programing as soon as possible. 
Regards,
KBCB 

I agree with Roosevelt, and fellow wanderer, Jack Kerouac, too: “Happiness consists in realizing it is all a great strange dream.”

I am thankful for all the twists and turns—the left's and right's and wrong's and detours—that somehow, when sum-totaled, added up to a long-shot lotto win that landed me the opportunity to to spend my singular existence right where, and with whom, I belong. Regrets? Too few to mention.  

I appreciate my friend, lover, and hiking partner for life, Bobbie, who asked me to go for a little run one day umpteen decades ago, 13 miles, up to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison, and back down. It was a hell of a first date...the kind that tells one what they might be in for should this relationship go forward, as in, full speed ahead.

“Love is friendship set to music." Jackson Pollock

I also appreciate fellow vagabond and non-vagabond friends who join with us to play outside like kids on summer break. You know who you are. 

As in Life, here, in random order, are a FEW highlights from the past 365 days...just for amusement on a rainy day:


Click on the first photo to view in larger/sharper detail





































































































































































10 comments:

  1. Your Summer monsoons were not fun last night.........I was in a tent at the 4J+1+1 down the hill from you. In any case we will be back in Ouray on the 9th and if you like we would love to meet you for a beer. Send me a comment if this sounds good. We just spent the last 3 months in Bend Oregon in our RV and I am now back in New Mexico for some medical checkups and we will be heading back up to Oregon again, going thru Ouray inroute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. S.U.A.S, Indeed, a meet up over beer sounds great. My email is on the home page side column.
      mark

      Delete
  2. What an amazing life you live - and amazing pictures you provide tio inspire us. Don't comment often, but look forward to every post. Don't live in the mountains either, and my health is a limiting factor, but I try for at least a small adventure every day. You two are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the memories. We're happy that we were able to participate in some of your crazy adventures, even when they involved bodily injury ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it's been a damn fine year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Theodore Roosevelt quote! You must keep a notebook of favorite appropriate quotes. You have a wonderful and meaningful endless list available. Beautiful photo gallery of memories. I enjoy looking at the pristine snow covered hill. But you are killing me with all the rock photos!! I am so missing Utah and rock scrambling. I didn't get enough this past year. My favorite photo, though, is the reddish mountains and clouds reflecting in that mirror lake...spectacular photo! It was nice to see Jim and Gayle, too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read 99% Non Fiction real-life-shit that actually happened books...mostly about daring mountains or seas or deserts to kill you. While reading all those books, I dog-ear every page that has a phrase or quote that speaks to my heart. Then it's easy to flip back through and find something appropriate to use. And once in a while I even make up my own :).
      thanks,
      mark

      Delete
  6. A great reminiscence on a rainy day. You did a lot the last year!!

    ReplyDelete

If you like reading blog posts...from any blogger...consider leaving a "tip" in the form of a "comment" to the author, lest the blog might disappear from perceived lack of interest.