HEADER PHOTO DESCRIPTION:

HEADER PHOTO DESCRIPTION: Desert Storm
NOTE: Open post and then Single Click On first Post Photo to view an album in a more detailed, larger format...

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Desperate Measures


Bobbie's playing Gallery/Gift Shop Gal once again, working for friend's Tamara and Bruce on Main Street Ouray. I delivered a Scrap Cookie and coffee yesterday, to get her through the grueling six hour shift. Shown above are a few of her paintings. I'm still happily unemployed, but could use a break in the low-clouds weather so I can actually see the mountains we live in.


Seems El Nino's vortex is still hard at work, siphoning moisture from the Pacific and dumping it as snow all over Colorado. And this in spite of Punxsutawney Phil's prediction for an early spring. Ah, winter in the Rockies. The Old Man plays by a different set of rules. Gee, if only I hadn't sold my snowboard.


Facebook reminded me that this time last year I was already biking up Camp Bird Road, which pissed me off, FYI. Look how dry that gravel is, and no traffic! 

So I've taken to looking at time-lapse photos of melting snow, even dusted off my watercolor brushes. Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures.

Another day in Paradise...  







8 comments:

  1. What happened to your "oh shit" post from yesterday? I was looking forward in reading that one .. LOL I had a couple of those kind of moments yesterday. My blog post this morning shows just how stupid I am sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking back to a conversation we had 'there you are in paradise, and still complaining...' Chill, dude. Or, err, warm up. Or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a life you and bobbie lead! while I am stuck on Florida beaches-Is book nearly done?? Walden creek RV steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh....to have a scrap cookie right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know of "Scrap Cookies?"
      Just had another one for lunch today :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful paintings. I remember lifeguarding in a down jacket, in June, while it was snowing at the hot spring pool in Ouray. Nice pictures. It would be fun to bike on the Casmp Bird Rd with the snow on the edge of the road!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you are a Pool Vet? The worst is freezing rain with wind. Glad those days are over :)

      Delete
  6. Hope Bobbie sells some of those lovely paintings so you can remain unemployed. Hang in there, summer will come to Ouray in a couple months ;-)

    ReplyDelete

If you like reading blog posts...from any blogger...consider leaving a "tip" in the form of a "comment" to the author, lest the blog might disappear from perceived lack of interest.